The world is such a smaller place when you have contacts that can plug you in. Case in point:
I’ve got a whole lineup of churches to try out sooner or later, based largely on other people’s recommendations or mutual contacts in the area. A couple I’ve found on my own.
- Centennial Covenant – Right across the street from my apartment. Ggreat little church, I love the size. Great people, intimate setting, passionate people.
- Foothills Bible – A couple that was instrumental in starting my previous church in Dallas back in the 70s attends here. The pastor is very authentic. At one point he started to break down on stage at the enormity of the Katrina tragedy. For some reason, that naked display of emotion always has affected me. It helps convince me that the guy is human like the rest of us. Here’s a quote from today’s sermon: “Church problems breed church cynics.” Wow, yep, that’s me!
- Jubilee Fellowship – this is Neighbor Brian’s church; still haven’t been there with him.
- Denver First Church of the Nazarene – the church that my Mom’s CO friend goes to. Haven’t met up with her in person yet, but contacted by email.
- Cherry Hills Community – haven’t been there yet, but I plan to eventually. After seeing the building in person a few weeks ago, it’s actually a little big for my taste.