ElectroLund

Snow Day!

That’s right, I’m posting this from home…

The roads weren’t very bad today, but my office had no power. So, wasn’t anything to do but go back home. What a great Monday!

Here’s some pictures of the whereabouts:

snow day!

snow day!

17 comments for “Snow Day!

1. James
    October 10, 2005 at 11:50 am

Wow, how long has it been since this has happened to you? Early 90’s? lol

2. Rob
    October 10, 2005 at 11:54 am

Well, actually it happened in Dallas once. But that was because the city was so unprepared to handle that much ice. This is sort of a fluke here, as the roads weren’t bad and well-plowed.

3. October 10, 2005 at 12:35 pm

Are you serious? That’s awesome!

I have a partial day off… My class this afternoon was cancelled because my prof is in Sweden! Random! :roll:

4. October 10, 2005 at 12:51 pm

Pretty pictures…I especially liked the one of the snowman. Reminded me of the one me and my siblings made one year and set on the hood of the car. :)

it’s only raining here in PA, but chilly.

5. James
    October 10, 2005 at 12:54 pm

Rob, I bet you are having a blast today.

I’m ready for a little bit of the white stuff, myself.

6. October 10, 2005 at 1:32 pm

so jealous. :P

7. mini
    October 10, 2005 at 4:12 pm

Can you parcel me some? I bet you miss the three digits.

Good pics.

8. October 10, 2005 at 4:26 pm

I’m not ready for snow; the leaves haven’t started falling here, yet. It won’t be long ’till the pretty Autumn colors appear. I was at home today too, but I get to do that everyday!!!

9. Scooter
    October 11, 2005 at 12:04 am

I really wonder if you or I will get more snow this winter Rob. I just found out that Land O’ is in the Lake Superior snow belt… translated: snow to the knees all winter. We had our first flurry this week and temps in the 20’s. I’m not sure if I’m ready for this. I think I’d rather be in Colorado with the snow minus the brutal cold. Do you want to trade? :D

10. October 11, 2005 at 7:09 am

ok.. well i wasn’t jealous of the snow & cold.. just the day off part.. lol

11. October 11, 2005 at 9:02 am

I am so freeking jealous!!! That’s awesome! I love snow and we never get enough to satisfy me. We had incredible snow storms in Nebraska when I was a kid and I miss that.

12. October 11, 2005 at 9:38 am

My childhood memories are full of big snow storms. I don’t think MO gets the amount of snow that it used to. Maybe my childhood memories are distorted.

13. October 11, 2005 at 1:11 pm

I don’t think so Jules because even Nebraska doesn’t get the snows it used to. We have pictures of some of the massive snowstorms. When I was 16 I was spending the weekend with my friend Monty while his parents were out of town. We went out with our girlfriends Friday night and took them home early when it started snowing. It snowed so heavily that we were snowed in at his house for 3 days and couldn’t get out…we were only a mile away from my house but the roads were so bad that they didn’t get out to clear them for 3 days. It was awesome. We made our own meals, cranked up the music (lots of Def Lepard Pyromania), watched movies, talked on the phone. It is one of my better teenage memories.

14. Rob
    October 11, 2005 at 1:23 pm

Global warming. :-)

Yeah, I remember really big snow storms when I was a kid too.

15. October 11, 2005 at 10:27 pm

Im sorry Rob. I thought you were talking about that heartwarming classic movie starring Chevy Chase and that loveable Chris Elliot.

16. Lynda
    October 12, 2005 at 4:25 am

I am jealous too! Love snow. Also remember snow – a lot of snow – in Nebraska. But correct not like it used to be. I loved your snowman!!!

17. Jeff
    October 12, 2005 at 6:25 pm

HA!

Last spring while we were still buried in snow here in Michigan, you said you’d enjoy some of the white stuff, and I offered you as much as you wanted. Looks like you’ll be getting even more than me this year!