ElectroLund

Theme change

So I’ve changed up my theme yet again. Seemed fitting since life took a great new direction recently. More on that later, I promise, with pictures!

In the meantime, tell me what you think of the new digs. What needs to change? Give me an excuse to tweak!

15 comments for “Theme change

1. James
    September 12, 2006 at 6:42 pm

It looks great, Rob.

Hi Sarah! (James waves)

Hey, Angela!

WordPress is php and I’m pretty sure Raven has Fantastico installed so you can start your site over with WordPress. Just log into your cPanel and look for the Fantastico icon. It’s usually the last icon on the page.

You can change over to my server if you want but I’m pretty sure Raven can still take care of you with WordPress.

Let me know if you need any help. :D

2. September 11, 2006 at 2:45 pm

Nice new look, sweetie! I know you’re all into the orange right now.

3. September 11, 2006 at 9:18 am

I’m thinking I want to switch up my site to more of this wordpress style.
    What all do I need? … besides changing my hosting. I think Raven only hosts php.

4. September 8, 2006 at 11:11 pm

Nice new make-over Rob; the grey and orange work very well together. BTW, did you catch that I found a way to integrate Gallery without a plugin and without breaking anything? I see your new theme is XHTML 1.1 however; the iframe I’m using was depreciated in 1.1 (and 1.0 strict) :-(

P.S. What’s that asterisk in the top left corner?

5. September 15, 2006 at 11:13 am

Looks great, Rob! I like the little shadow.

6. September 15, 2006 at 12:58 pm

It looks great, Rob. I think you have the most detailed and organized blog I’ve seen. I wish I could give you some tinkering advice, but everything looks terrific.

7. September 15, 2006 at 12:58 pm

I do like the avatars bigger. They were too little before.

8. September 17, 2006 at 7:24 am

I don’t know…orange and black kind of suck. Oops…just kidding…I obviously REALLY like that color combination.

9. Rob
    September 17, 2006 at 10:30 am

Carl, are you anti-Panthers? :) Thanks for the theme love, folks. I can always depend on you for an ego boost.

10. September 18, 2006 at 1:47 pm

Rob, are you talking about our OG panthers? The girls love their school colors. I buy them a couple of new Panther t-shirts at the beginning of each school year.

11. Zhuang
    September 18, 2006 at 7:24 pm

I like the new theme, but have a suggestion about the organization. I think it makes sense to move the important links such as ‘Categories’ and ‘Archives’ to the top, preferably using a drop-down menu format. The choices would be ‘Listening’, ‘Living’, etc. under ‘Categories’, and 1995-2006 under ‘Archives’. Just realized you do have ‘Archives’ appearing both on the top and on the side. I think it should be on the top.

To make room over the top, you might consider moving About, Metrics and Credits to the side.

What do you think?

12. Rob
    September 19, 2006 at 10:18 am

Hmm, good thoughts Zhuang. I appreciate the ideas. And I think you’re right. You can never have too much organization! I will consider your recommendations.

The archives organization is still up in the air as I get some plugins behaving. I like the idea of drop down lists from the top, but unfortunately this WordPress theme doesn’t support that. I’ll have to ask…

13. October 4, 2006 at 12:27 pm

It’s looking good, man. Of course, I have no idea what it looked like previous, but I can say that this layout is nice and clean looking. I like it, you’ve used it well.

The date format is a tad bit confusing, but I’m just one of them MM/DD/YY guys. :)

14. Zhuang
    February 16, 2007 at 5:19 pm

Long time no chat.

The content is much better organized now than before. For example, I found this post with only a couple of clicks. It would have taken much longer without the re-org. Good job!

15. Rob